Hello there! For my first beauty related post, I thought I’d share 10 of my favourite beauty products. I don’t buy a huge amount of makeup and I’m quite careful about what I buy as I hate wasting money on ‘experimental’ items, and the things I do purchase tend to last a long time. I like both high street and luxury brands, and most of the time I really don’t see much of a difference in the quality or performance of the products, just nicer packaging!
1. Urban Decay Naked Palette – the original and arguably the best. I haven’t tried the other Naked Palettes but I LOVE this one. Yes it’s expensive at £37 but the shadows are a great quality, long-wearing and I can create so many different looks, ranging from barely there natural to dramatic and smokey. I have used all the colours but my favourites are: Virgin for highlighting the brow bone; Half Baked and Smog for an everyday neutral golden-brown look; and Toasted with Hustle for a smokey mauve look that’s a slight variation to the usual brown/grey smokey eye.
2. Maybelline Great Lash Waterproof Mascara in Blackest Black – just a great value, all-round mascara which I keep repurchasing. I don’t know about you, but some mascaras, especially ones that aren’t waterproof make my curled lashes wilt downwards, a big boo-boo! So when I find mascaras that hold the curl I tend to stick to what I know.
3. Revlon Lip Butter in Peach Parfait – this is a gorgeous peachy colour with a subtle gold shimmer. It’s so wearable and feels lovely and soft on my lips.
4. Clinique Blushing Blush Powder in Smoldering Plum – I bought this with a gift voucher a couple of years ago. It’s a beautiful medium pinky colour and gives a natural healthy colour to my cheeks and I use it all the time.
5. Rimmel Salon Pro Kate nail polish in Disco Fever – this bright purple colour is one of my favourites and the formula of the polish is really good. I think it’s the Lycra in it, which helps the colour to stay on for about 6 days without chipping or peeling!
6. Revlon Quick Dry Top Coat – this makes nail polishes super shiny and helps them to stay put for longer, and dries relatively quickly too.
7. Rimmel Exaggerate Liquid Eyeliner – this is easy to use, the brush is great, you can get a perfect point and it lasts all day, oh and it’s reasonably priced – what more could you want in a liquid eyeliner?!
8. Maybelline Baby Lips in Cherry Me – a fantastic lip balm with a natural hint of colour and shine that’s perfect for days you don’t want to wear lipstick. Makes my lips really soft, smooth and it smells yummy!
9. Superdrug Shine Control Papers – I always carry these around with me rather than a compact powder as I don’t like the idea of the pad absorbing all the oil (yuck!). These are brilliant as you just rip one sheet out, dab it over your t-zone and voila! Looks like freshly applied powder again.
10. Guerlain Terracotta Light Summer Bronzing Powder – this is expensive but I purchased it a few years ago and I still love it so much, isn’t the packaging beautiful? It has a subtle shimmer and gives a natural-looking glow.
I hope you enjoyed reading this post!